Montag, 26. März 2012

Fuck that!

That's right!

Forget everything about that Faraway place; once I started building, I got a bad case of prop pox and it went fuckall, so I started over.

And man, did I. I'm witholding a region shot so far, because everything's a little unfinished. The landscaping is 98% done, but there are some canals and highways just ending at city limits and that looks weird.
Talking about canals. I decided to try something out and this is what I came up with:


That's a view of the downtown area of "Napalmia", the city that the region is named after and that's gonna be the biggest one eventually. These canals are no canal sets, they are actual ingame, Maxis water with seawalls around them. It was a bitch to get them to the right depth and without any bumps, the shoreline being completely even. A lot of road tiles were plopped.
Another area I already worked out before doing any actual growth or anything is this RHW interchange one tile south of the one in the above picture, still belonging to what's gonna be Napalmia:


Oh god it took a lot of time and a lot of tries. It's two RHW-6 in a T-Interchange. I solved the problem of the two MIS lanes having to cross from the ending highway to deliver to the passing one with a roundabout that's cropped at the very bottom of the image. It was the least complicated way that still eliminated the need for traffic lights and left turns. Also obviousely did some cosmetics to kinda see how it all works out. It'll look at lot different once all the development around it gets going though.

And to offset all this civil engineering, here's a nice shot of the countryside in "Densehigh", with a nice bridge/tunnel thing going on as well:


Ahhh. And now I should seriousely get some sleep, I got an appointment at the unemployment office early tomorrow. Not being unemployed, it's gonna be a weird ride anyway.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen